Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday's with Jesus #80

#80 "Letter To A Broken Heart" 
January 23, 2007
"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18 NIV) "If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, He'll help you catch your breath." (The Message)
 
I saw you when you woke up this morning. I was there when you opened your eyes and saw the same problem staring right back at you again. The night didn't change anything. Neither did your tossing and turning and walking the floors. It's there...but so am I.
 
Did you happen to look out your window? You know, the heavens declare My glory and the skies proclaim the work of My hands! They are speaking to you. Did you see the sun coming forth like a bridegroom out of his pavilion to meet his bride? The sun's rising and setting each day is My gift to you, reminding you of My faithfulness. I am in control, and the world is still spinning around on its' axis, because I hold it in My hands. I hold you in My hands too. In fact your name is engraved in My palms. I haven't forgotten you.
 
Did you hear that bird singing outside your window? Another gift from me! That bird that you see is My reminder to you that I will provide for your every need. That bird doesn't sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet I feed him. And oh, my beloved, you are so much more valuable to Me than he is! Why worry? You can't add a single hour to your life doing that. That sparrow isn't worth a penny, yet he won't fall to the ground apart from My will. Don't be afraid...I have numbered the very hairs on your head and you are worth far more than many sparrows.
 
I wish that you could see what I see. You are so beautiful and precious in My sight. You are the apple of My eye and the center of My attention. You are My child. I chose you...yes, you! Just the way you are. You are no mistake. I knew everything about you before I even formed you in the womb. And it was then that I chose you to be Mine. I see every move that you make and hear every word that you speak before it is even on your tongue. I am all around you...look behind you, I am there to protect you...I've got your back. Look in front of you...I'm there, leading you. Look next to you...I am there at your right hand to walk this journey of life with you. You are never alone. Take my hand and never be afraid. We're in this together, you and I. Let's walk...
 
Oh, how I wish that you could've been there when I healed the blind man and the leper. I wish you could have seen Me feed the five thousand. Maybe if you had seen Me walk on the water and calm the raging storm...maybe then you would believe that I have the power to calm the storms of your life. Maybe if you could've seen Lazarus, my dear friend Lazarus, appear at the mouth of the cave, still wrapped in his grave clothes and his face wrapped with a cloth. You would've witnessed first hand My power over death. Maybe then, you would believe. But you are blessed!  I told my good friend Thomas, "blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." 
 
I promised you that in this life you would have trouble. I did not leave you unaware. A righteous man may have many troubles, but I deliver you from them all. My angels encamp all around you. They guard you in all of your ways. They lift you up in their hands so that you don't dash your foot against a stone. You don't even know the many times my angels have gotten you out of harms way. Because of my mercies, which are new every morning. There are mercies that you have received that you aren't even aware of. Dwell with Me. Rest in Me. Trust Me. Don't fear the terror by night, nor the arrow that flies by day. A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. If I am for you, who can be against you? No one! No weapon forged against you will prosper...this is your heritage from Me.
 
We have an enemy, you and I. He hates Me, and because you believe in Me, he hates you too. Don't let him trick you with his schemes. Be one step ahead of him. Know My Word. Know the truth. What I tell you is true and perfect. Remember that he is the father of lies. He comes only to steal, kill and destroy. But I came to make sure that you have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance, to the full, till it overflows. Learn My Word, so that you know My voice. I am your Good Shepherd. He's a wolf and sometimes, he looks good in his sheep costume...but don't be fooled.  Never choose his way out of frustration or desperation. Wait on Me...you will renew your strength. You will mount on wings as eagles. You will walk and not grow weary; you will run and not grow faint. I will strengthen you and uphold you with My mighty right hand. And always remember that I have revealed to you the ending of the story. I defeated Satan. I have the keys to death, hell and the grave. He is a defeated foe. I made a spectacle of Satan and his minions on the Cross. He has been overcome by the blood of the Lamb. I have overcome your every problem, your sickness and disease, your poverty and your shame. I AM.
 
I am a father to the fatherless. I am the lifter of your head. I am the third strand in your marriage, holding it together. I am your source of all needed supply. I am your provider. I am your healer. I am a friend that sticks closer than a brother. I am your vision. I am your light in a dark place. I am your cloud by day and your pillar of fire by night. I am the rebuilder of everything that is broken. I am your wisdom. I am your beautiful bridegroom and your suffering servant. I am the fourth man in your fiery furnace. I am your love. I am your burden bearer, your Savior and your avenger. I am the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I am a miracle worker. I am the door through which you can enter. I am your justifier, your mediator and your sin bearer. I am your redeemer who ever liveth. I am the unsearchable riches. I am your soon coming King. I am your Blessed Hope. I am your Chief Shepherd. I am Love itself. I am King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  
 
If you look to me, your face will never be covered with shame. I'll never let you down. I hear you and I'll save you out of all your trouble. Seek me and you'll find me and you'll lack no good thing. My eyes are on you, my ears are attentive to your cry. 
 
Look at me for a minute..I see you. I know you. If your heart is breaking today, know that I am close. You are my child and I hold you in my sight. Catch your breath. Oh, how I long to hold you in My arms. I look forward to the day that I will do just that...everything is going to be okay...I promise! .....Jesus
 

Donna Schultz                                                                             

See www.tuesdayswithjesus.blogspot.com for archives.        

If you would prefer to not receive these e-mails, please let
me know at
savemom@aol.com. Feel free to forward them as the
Lord leads you and if others would like to receive it, e-
mail
savemom@aol.com to be added to the list.
 
If you are viewing this on Blogger.com and would like to receive "Tuesday's with Jesus" in your e-mail box each Tuesday, please e-mail Savemom@aol.com and you will be added to the list.  

 

 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment