Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tuesday's with Jesus #148

#148 "Be Still And Know That I Am God"
May 20, 2008
"But the Lord is in His holy temple; let all the earth be silent (Hebrew: hush) before Him." (Habakkuk 2: 20)
 
I had a rough night a few weeks ago. I didn't sleep well because somehow the cold that I had a month and a half ago suddenly came back. In spite of the fact that it was the end of April, Rudolph texted me that morning and told me that he's in fear for his job if I didn't get rid of my red nose. I woke up with a nose that could've led a pack of reindeer through the darkest night without any problem.
 
I usually talk quite a bit during my quiet time with God. I don't know if "quiet time" is completely accurate. Anyway...I get pretty chatty bringing Him my prayers and concerns. We work things out, I seek direction and I even tell on some people. Come on now, admit it...you tattle on folks sometimes too, don't you? But that morning, I just didn't feel much like talking. And I told Him so. If anyone was doing the talking that day, it would have to be God.
 
I did find the voice for just a little telling on people though. There are some folks in my life that just won't accept the fact that I am not who I used to be. They just don't get it. They bait me and throw out the net to trap me, so that I will go right back into the pit that, Bless God, He has taken me out of. They still live there, you see. And they just don't get that I moved out years ago. Does anybody know what I'm talking about? They want you to follow in their footsteps, but your footprints just don't fit theirs anymore? If CSI:Detroit were to put my shoes on top of theirs, well, they're just not a match.
 
Peter talked about this very thing in his first letter...he said, "They think it strange that you do not plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation, and they heap abuse on you. But they will have to give account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead." (1 Peter 4: 4-5) My footprints don't exactly match Christ's either, I'm not there yet...but they ARE being transformed each day from glory to glory and someday they will be a perfect match. That's what I heard when I wasn't talking. 
 
Purposing to keep quiet and let Him speak, God talked to me through Psalm 57 when He told me that I am under the shadow of His wings. I'm safe from all harm. David dealt with these same kinds of people. I love David! He went through so many of the same things that we do. I can't wait to meet him one day. In this Psalm he's talking about just the kind of folks that I was tattling on. And that my response was to take refuge under the shadow of my Father's wings and He will send love and faithfulness from Heaven to save me. I heard that too...when I wasn't talking.
 
I felt such peace and rest and calm in the arms of my Father and in the quietness of the early morning. If you seek Him early, He will meet you there. And if you zip your lip, He will get a chance to speak. It took a blasted cold to shut me up and make me listen for a change. What does God have to do to keep YOU quiet?
 
I got up to go and powder my nose. I think I was scaring the dog! Being quiet brings great rewards.
 
Love,
Donna
 
 
To unsubscribe, reply to this e-mail and type "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 
If you are viewing this on Blogger.com and would like to receive "Tuesday's with Jesus" in your e-mail box each Tuesday, please visit our website or e-mail tuesdays@livingthewordministries.org and you will be added to the list.  
 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment