Monday, July 21, 2008

Tuesday's with Jesus #157

#157 "It's Your Turn"
July 22, 2008
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
(1 Thessalonians 5: 11)
 
Today is the first entry for year number four of "Tuesday's with Jesus". Over the past three years, you have graciously and lovingly let me share my thoughts with you each week. I've heard from some of you faithfully about what a particular "Tuesday's" spoke to your heart. Others are occasional repliers, and some of you silently take it in without a response. Today, I'm feeling a little daring and want to mix things up a bit. Let me explain...
 
I know that I know that I know, that God doesn't just speak to me. Over the years He has spoken a word or two to you as well. And He's most likely speaking to you presently, during these hazy days of summer. I care deeply about each one of you, really I do. You are so important to me and I have considered it such a God given privilege to bring God's Word before you each and every week. But now...here it comes... brace yourself...I want to hear from you...that's right...you. And here's how I propose we do it...
 
During the next few days, think about what God has been speaking to your heart recently. It may be something from a series of sermons at your church. It may be something He's giving you in your daily quiet time with Him...Oh, how I hope you're taking that time! Maybe something in a devotional book you're reading that is penetrating the deep parts of your spirit, or in a Bible study that you're doing. Or perhaps you're going through a time of heartbreak or loss or emotional upheaval and God is ministering to you in some special way. Would you be willing to share whatever Word your Father is giving you with the likes of all of us?
 
Here's what I'd like you to do: Go to www.livingthewordministries.org/blog/ and you will find this same post dated July 21, 2008. Click on the comment bar after the post and share briefly what God is speaking to you. There are a good many of you receiving "Tuesday's", so keep it to one or two paragraphs so we can read them all. Maybe it's just a word like "surrender" or "simplify" or "trust". Give your word and take a few lines to explain. It's that simple. And if you've never "blogged" before, just follow the instructions and you won't go wrong. Then check back often to read the replies for yourself.
 
I think that we all have something to share with each other and we are commanded in Scripture to encourage one another. Who knows? Perhaps God will sovereignly work through this simple act of sharing and speak a word in due season to another precious brother or sister in the Lord. That's what it's all about. We could all use a word of encouragement every now and then, don't you think?
 
May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give us a spirit of unity among ourselves as we follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth we may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Romans 15: 5-6) See you on the blog!!
 
Love,
Donna
 
 
To unsubscribe, reply to this e-mail and type "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 
If you are viewing this on Blogger.com and would like to receive "Tuesday's with Jesus" in your e-mail box each Tuesday, please visit our website or e-mail tuesdays@livingthewordministries.org and you will be added to the list.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment