Monday, September 08, 2008

Tuesday's with Jesus #164

#164 "Election 2008"
September 9, 2008
"...be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of lawless men and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen." (2 Peter 3: 17-18)
 
I usually stay away from political discussions. Apparently so do most of our churches. Today I just need to say what I need to say. Short and sweet. To the point. And in the infamous words of my pastor..."not judgin', just sayin'."
 
I must begin by stating the obvious. We are looking at an historical election year. It is unprecedented that a black man has been nominated for the office of President of the United States. It is just as unprecedented that a white woman has been chosen to run for the office of Vice President of the United States. And I say, Thank God! that we have come this far. We've come a long way!
 
That being said...I will make my few short and to the point points, and let you go.
 
First...Vote your values. Biblical values. Which candidate will defend the unborn, advocate for marriage between one man and one woman, and not experiment with the mangled bodies of aborted babies in the name of science? There are important issues at stake. Investigate your candidate's stand and determine if they are for or against the biblical mandates set forth by God.
 
Second...Yes, there is a crisis in our economy. Without a doubt. You are especially feeling the pinch if you live in states like Michigan, Ohio or Pennsylvania. That's a fact. But here is the question to ask yourself. Am I looking to man or to God to provide for my needs? Let me clue you in....God is not in recession. God is not experiencing a depression. God's bank isn't failing and God is not living in famine. God owns the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50: 10). The silver and the gold are His (Haggai 2: 8). He provides in the midst of famine. Just ask Jacob and Joseph. He provides water in the desert. Just ask Moses. If you are His child you are His heir and a co-heir with Christ. All that He has is yours. He is Jehovah-Jireh, your provider. God's people can prosper right in the middle of high gas and food prices. Right in the midst of failing banks and home foreclosures. Remember that "the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous." (Proverbs 13: 22) If you've seen T. Boone Pickens TV commercials you've heard him talk about the greatest transfer of wealth the world has ever seen. Well, T. Boone, you ain't seen nothin' yet!
 
Third...Neither candidate is the Messiah, the Savior or the One. Christian beware! Don't let any man deceive you into thinking that you need him. And beware of any man who will allow himself to be called by any of those names. A true man of God would say, "There is only One Savior, only One Messiah, only One, "One" and that is Jesus Christ!
 
Fourth and last...Pray. Oh, my dear friends, pray. God Himself said, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7: 14) I urge you to join me in 30 days of prayer for our nation and for this election. I invite you to visit www.thesoulofanation.com and sign up for the daily e-mail, and join James Robison and other Christians in 30 days of prayer for the future of our country, our families, and generations to come. Each day you will receive a reflection on an important current event, a passage of Scripture presenting a godly perspective, and a specific prayer for God's will to be done. God is our only hope and He is the only One who can heal our nation.
 
Many of you have been "Tuesday's" readers for quite a few years. I pray that I have earned your trust enough to receive what I have written with an open heart. If you don't agree...I still love you. But sometimes you just gotta say what you've gotta say. "Not judgin', just sayin'".
 
Love, 
Donna
 
 
To unsubscribe, reply to this e-mail and type "unsubscribe" in the subject line.
 
If you are viewing this on Blogger.com and would like to receive "Tuesday's with Jesus" in your e-mail box each Tuesday, please visit our website or e-mail tuesdays@livingthewordministries.org and you will be added to the list.
 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment