Friday, November 05, 2010

Tuesdays with Jesus

No friends...it is not Tuesday. Whatever day this reaches you, I pray that it finds you well, living the Word of God, and eagerly anticipating seeing His glory right before your eyes.
I will be unable to write to you this coming Tuesday because we will be in Florida for the funeral of my father-in-law. He passed away early this morning after a long battle with severe emphysema and cancer. He will be missed greatly by his children, grandchildren and many friends. I will miss our little phone chats and how he would always tell me to hurry up and jump on a plane right then and there to come and visit.
Tomorrow we will hurry up and jump on that plane with sadness in our hearts. We were so blessed to be able to make a visit back in July and spend time with Dad for what we knew in our hearts would be the last time. Mixed with the sadness is a joy that those who don't know Jesus cannot fully understand.
Today Dad inhales deeply, and his lungs are full of the sweet air of Heaven. Today he has no pain. Today He is in the presence of the One I long to see.
Because you are so dear to me, I didn't want to miss writing to you without an explanation. Please keep us in your prayers as we travel. Pray for the comfort of all Dad's family and friends, and above all else, that Chuck and I will be nothing short of Jesus to each and every person in our midst.
Living the Word along with you,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment