Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Something About That Name

I spoke briefly with a friend after church this week. Her husband is very, very ill and continues to have set back after set back. Literally, this has been going on for months.

She said something that was more full of truth than I think even she realized.

She said, "Sometimes the only prayer I can pray is, "Jesus!"

Is there any better prayer to pray?

Did you know that the Hebrew name for Jesus, "Yeshua", literally means The Lord's Salvation, or 

Salvation from the LORD?

In the midst of our trials, isn't that what we need? Salvation from the Lord? For the Lord to save us?

When our problem has become so out of control and the solution is humanly impossible, we can cry "Jesus!"

When we are weary and tired and just don't think we can keep on for one more day, we can pray, "Jesus!"

When the only thing our body can produce is tears, we can cry with our hearts, "Jesus!"

When His Name leaves our lips, the atmosphere is charged with the words: "Salvation from the Lord", and the power of that Name is not without effect.

Problems are solved. Healing is applied. Provision is made. Protection is given. Demons take their hands off of you and flee for cover.  

Remember, dear one, it may not be immediate, while absolutely, it can be! But in the midst of the waiting, if He doesn't choose to remove the thorn from your side, He will give abundant measures of His grace, that will be sufficient to endure.The very fact that you are still walking around with your sanity, testifies to that!

Weary and weak one. Tired of being tired one. Sweet child of the Living God. Take the Name of Jesus and speak it over your situation. Speak it over yourself and your loved ones. There is power in His Name.

"Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all heaven and earth proclaim
Kings and kingdoms shall all pass away
But there's something about that name."

(Bill Gaither / Gloria Gaither)
 
 

 









3 comments:

  1. I often find myself singing that chorus. Somehow I find that it helps center my spirit on Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Donna. And thank you Jesus. these words were just what I needed today, I am indeed in a season of my life where I am losing heart, where I wonder if I can persevere for one more day. Days when "Jesus" is all I can pray. So, this blessed me so. thank you Donna. I am so grateful for your heart to serve with your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prayed that one word prayer just the other day and He did indeed rescue me. I know the truth that is in your post today. I have experienced His strength being made perfect in my weakness. All His promises are true and we only need surrender to Him.

    ReplyDelete