Tuesday, September 27, 2011

On An Autumn Tuesday

I'm under the gun today, putting the finishing touches on a message I will give before some precious lovely ladies on Friday night.  Although my body sits here, on a beautiful fall day in Michigan, my mind and my heart are far away, in another place and time. A place that is arid and hot. A place not many liked to travel to, and a place where someone encountered the living Christ in all of His fullness for the very first time. I still wanted to touch base with you, even though I just can't wrap my mind around much else right now.

Some of you will be attending the event on Friday. I wish that each and every one of you could! We have an awesomely awesome evening planned. But whether I will see your beautiful face in person or not, can I ask you to pray? 

Pray that Christ will be high and lifted up in our midst. Pray that He will be the Guest of Honor at our gathering, and that He will show us His Glory, fresh and new!

This is so random, but I want to give you a present. Here is the recipe for the absolute BEST dessert you will ever make or eat, during an autumn season. I promise!

Crockpot Apple Streusel  

Peel and slice: about 8 apples, to make 6 cups, sliced.

In a large bowl, toss the apples with:
1 1/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. ground allspice
1/4 t. ground nutmeg

Place in a large (4-6 qt.) greased crockpot.

In another bowl, combine:

3/4 c. milk
2 T. butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla extract
1/2 c. Bisquick or other baking mix

Spoon over apples.

In another bowl, combine:

1 c. Bisquick or other baking mix
1/3 c. brown sugar

Cut in until crumbly:

3 T. cold butter or margarine

Add:

1/2 c. sliced almonds (or another kind of nut)    *I leave this part out.

Sprinkle the streusel topping over the apples in the crockpot.

Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or until the apples are tender.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.

You're gonna thank me for this!!



Thanks for your prayers! Not one will be wasted on us!






26 comments:

  1. Praying for you as you finish your preparation and for the day you speak, that you will be filled with the Holy Spirit, never doubting His presence or His power. May you speak fluidly the words of truth, compassion, grace, and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking up to Thankful Tuesday :) I will definitely pray for your meeting. Sounds like you will have an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and headed out to the grocery store this morning to purchase ingredients for the crock pot apple streusel. I can just imagine how delicious the house will smell! :)

    Blessings,
    Rosann

    ReplyDelete
  4. stopped by from Emily's...blessings as you prepared...and i can't wait to try this yummy dish..
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am making this streusel. It sounds so good. God Bless your Friday message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. prayers for your event...and know that you will be used to touch lives....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you and your event. Thank you for taking the time to share the apple recipe - it sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna - you have my prayers and I thank you for a heartfelt post. Sometimes we just need to be "random" and pour out our hearts.

    Also, thank you for the recipe. I'm going to try it!

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower from Thankful Thursday! Love your recipe! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh that dessert sounds so lovely. thank you friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am happy that I stopped by today. I loved reading your thoughts and thank you for your recipe. Blessings to you as you prepare for your class.
    Stop by Living Waters by LeAnn
    http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm praying for your meeting and hope you share with us how it went. I pray God will use you in incredible ways and that many will be drawn to want to read 'Ruth'. May God shower you with His heart and his words for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing this dessert, can't wait to try it. I will be praying that the Holy Spirit falls down on Friday, that He may guide your words and lead you.

    Blessings,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  14. I trust that the meeting went well and that God uses it abundantly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow Donna...it's awesome to read about the doors He's opened for you to share...praying for you too and thanks for the recipe...I might try it with the kids...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I copied your recipe and can't wait to try it. I am an Apple Girl through and through. Try my apple bread recipe: http://wildaboutwhidbey.blogspot.com/2011/08/amazing-apples.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praying God blessing your time to share....and thanks for sharing such a yummy recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This sounds fantastic! I shared it on Facebook :) Thanks.

    Hope Friday's gathering was everything you hoped for and more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The dessert sounds delicious. I'm sure your presentation on Friday went well and many were blessed.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've used my crock pot for anything sweet- maybe I should?? Oh, and I read that you worked with the homeless in Detroit - that is an amazing thing you did!!! Stopping in to follow you from the hop. Hope you can visit soon. www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would so love to sit at your feet and hear the precious words you have to give. I will pray for the Word to penetrate the hearts of the listeners. And thank you for this lovely recipe gift! How timely when the apples are heavy on the tree. Love to you this Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Visiting from Friday Fragments...finally (out of breath!)

    Thanks SO MUCH for the recipe! We were looking for something good & warm for the crock-pot at camp next week!

    Have a blessed week!

    Carolee
    Come on home - mom blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow praying for this chance for you to speak into lives.. how exciting. I am going to believe God to move BIG. Loved the crock pot recipe.. going to have to make that! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait to try that dessert. Sounds delicious and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying for you and your event. Thank so much for that recipe! I know my family will love it!

    Also thank you for linking up to the "Motivational Monday Blog Hop".

    Blessings Always!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just bought your book on Ruth. You are quite a busy lady. God be with you, anoint you, and inspire you as you speak. He will give you the words to say. God bless, Bobbi

    ReplyDelete